[gptalk] Re: Size limit for GPOs?

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:57:43 -0800

Mary-

My first question is. "puffy capacitor"? Did it used to be called P. Diddy
Capacitor?

Your idea sounds about right. If the machine was in the middle of writing to
the registry.pol file when the machine was rebooted, its very possible that
it would have been corrupted.

With respect to your other issue, not sure what CSC refers to but if the
problem with the corrupt registry.pol was causing GP to terminate, what
could have happened is that the workstation thinks its already processed the
Folder Redir. Policy but it hasn't and since that policy probably hasn't
changed, it may not be picking it up. That's kind of a stretch though. One
thing you can do is set the Folder Redir Processing Policy option to always
process even if the GPO hasn't changed.  That should tell you definitely if
that is the issue.

Darren