[gptalk] Re: Site to Zone Assignment locks all zones

  • From: Øyvind Sørbye <oyvind.sorbye@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:56:02 +0100

Hmm, Maintenance policy, i feared that :-) I have never properly understood
that part of Group Policies. When opening "Security Zones and Content
Ratings" it imports all IE-setting from my computer and presets _all_
settings for my users. But I don't want to configure all settings in all
zones, I only wont to configure a few settings. Most of the settings will I
leave to the users to choose. Maintenance policy is in some sense not a
"true" policy, because you can't choose to _not_ configure a value. Or is
there a way to achieve this with Maintenance policy?