[gptalk] Re: Setting up GPP in a 2003 Environment

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:24:01 -0500

The GPP CSE shows up as a hotfix (KB943729) so you can check for it in
Add/Remove Programs if you have the "Show updates" box checked. The only
thing is that it is listed as a generic "Update for Windows XP" so you
have to hunt by the KB number, and since they're not in numerical order
it can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Its actual easier to find
it under the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
key, which is the registry equivalent of what Add/Remove Programs lists
out for you.

...Or if you're scripting it, just query the Win32_OperatingSystemQFE
class in WMI. J

Jamie Nelson | Operations Consultant | BI&T Infrastructure-Intel | Devon
Energy Corporation | Work: 405.552.8054 | http://www.dvn.com