[gptalk] Re: Setting Outlook default address list via GPO

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:16:57 -0700

I don't know how to do that but before you consider it - the GAL  is
also represented by the offline address book for outlook 2003 and 2007
cached mode users while the All users is an address list that is only
available online.  So if you set the default to "All users" whenever a
users is disconnected or remote- if they want to visually search the
address book- they will always get an error 1st then they will have to
choose the GAL or the local contacts folder anyway- so it may cause more
pain than solving search issues. Of course if they just type in the name
and press CTRL + K it will search all address books.

Let me know if you find a way to do it with a GPO.

Omar