[gptalk] Re: Select statement calling Win32_Group in a WMI FIlter

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:49:29 -0500

Win32_Group is not actually exposing membership; when you run that WQL
statement you are actually only verifying that the group exists.

Just use security filtering if you want to limit the application of
entire GPO based on groups, OR you can also use the new item-level
targeting in the GPP extensions to limit the application of specific
settings in the same policy.

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com

From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Is there a particular reason you're not using Security Filtering?
>
> Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
> Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
> 405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com

OR