[gptalk] Re: Securing directories from Users

  • From: sunshine.baines@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:38:11 +0000

Really.  That's cool I appreciate that info.

From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:53:18
To:<gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gptalk] Re: Securing directories from Users

The easiest thing to do is take away their local admin rights on their
PCs. This can cause some application compatibility issues, but it is
better to try and work those out then continuing to give users those
elevated rights. Applications that still "require" admin rights
(according to the vendor) to run can usually be fixed with the Microsoft
Application Compatibility Toolkit.

If that is not an option for you, you can configure file/folder security
natively in Group Policy under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings
> Security Settings > File System.

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com