[gptalk] Re: Scripting GPO

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:09:12 +0000

I think the entire GPO community here would be interested :)

From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Scripting
GPODate: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:49:15 -0700

I’d like to see it as well!

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Northwood, IanSent: Monday, October 22, 2007 3:19 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Scripting GPO

Yes, it is possible and I have a script which does that very thing.  The only
thing it can't yet do, which the GPExpert Scripting Toolkit can do (amongst
many other things), is add MSIs to GPOs which, given that this was the driving
force behind the script's creation, is a bit of a blow! :) However, I am *this*
close to sorting that.

Your requirements may be different though so, if you'd like, I can send it to
you. In its current state, it could be edited to suit practically any purpose
GPO-wise.

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Charles P. KillmerSent: 19 October 2007 18:24To:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Scripting GPO
Good afternoon everyone

New to the group, and hoping you can help.  Is it possible to, not only create
and link a GPO through script, but also populate it with settings?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Charles Killmer720 St Germain. Suite 200Saint Cloud, MN 56303Phone:
320.251.4700 x107Toll Free : 877.797.4700 x107Fax:
320.251.5030http://www.netgainhosting.comcharlesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and
is for  the sole use of the intended recipient's. It may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is  prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply  e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.

______________________________________________________________________This
email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.For more
information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: County Gates Bournemouth England, BH1 2NF, No.61 Coll.
Financial Services Authority Register number 110035. This email (and any
attachments):- is for its intended recipients only and may contain confidential
and /or legally privileged information. If received in error, any use of this
email is prohibited. Please delete it (and any copies) and notify us on
+44(0)1202 292333, ext. 4044. - is believed to be free of any virus or other
defect but internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error
free and we do not accept any liability for any loss or damage from their
receipt or use. Opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of
the Society. LV= and Liverpool Victoria are trade marks of Liverpool Victoria
Friendly Society Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles
of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies.LV= reserves the right to monitor
and inspect emails sent to and by its employees.To find out more about us
please visit: www.lv.com