[gptalk] Script not applicable for local admin

  • From: "Ananth Rajagopal" <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:37:44 +0530

Hi all,

I got 3 questions....

1. we have a script which disables removable usb drive access. but it
doesn't work for local admin logon's . how do i make it applicable for them
too..basically what the script does is it modifies the USBSTOR value from 3
to 4, thus disabling it, but guys who have local admin rights just opens
device manager, removes the usb drives and reinstalls them! thus enabling

2. how can i disable device manager access, even if the user has local admin

3. we have a scripts which copies some 10mb of data every time users logs
in, even if the files are already in the destination folder it is again
copied, how can i make it a incremental or diferential copy? we do this via
a batch file.

a BIG thanks to all who regularly contribute to this very helpful list!! :-)

best regards
anth :-)