[gptalk] SceCli 1202 and Userenv 1085 after SAV

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:18:27 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem that seems to be spreading.  I have several users who
have had the above mentioned errors in the event viewer.  I import a
regkey that re-registers the activeds.tlb and then have the users do a
gpupdate /force.  The event viewer then shows the Scecli 1704 which
means all is well and group policy is applied.  Then the antivirus
software runs a scan; it comes up with 0 risks and number of files
scanned.  The next thing I see is the SceCli 1202 and Userenv 1085
errors.  When the antivirus is turned off after the import reg and
gpupdate the machine works fine until SAV turns itself back on.

In one case that I've noticed, after a while SAV seems to fix the
problem itself.  I had a user tell me that his app was working fine now
but often that happens and it will stop again.  Unfortunately, this
"fix" does not happen on all machines.  Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration