[gptalk] Re: Sanity Check regarding Pop-Up Blocker GPO

  • From: "David Cliffe" <dc31hz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:25:36 -0400

Update....

Cleaning up my own IE pop-up blocker settings prior to config [and link] of
the new GPO seems to have fixed the issue where the domains I had personally
configured also got sent down to the test users.  Could not find ANY other
GPOs which even came close to specifying those so I'm pretty sure they got
sent down incorrectly from my machine when I configured this new GPO.  Very
strange.

Next issue is that even though the correct domain name now gets sent down to
the POLICIES key for ALL test users (regardless of IE version), I can only
view it (within the IE interface) on an IE7 browser.  If I open the pop-up
blocker settings on IE6 even with the reg key set, the domain does not get
shown in the window.  The setting says this is supportd on IE6, so my
question is does it still take effect even though not shown in the app's
dialog box?  IE7 it can be seen in the dialog box.

-DaveC