[gptalk] Running Group Policy Results with Non-Administrator permissions

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 00:09:00 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to determine if there is a way to delegate the right to a
user to run the GPMC Group Policy Results function on a remote machine
that they are not an Administrator of.

I have delegated the permissions on the container in AD and I can see
that the right has trickled down to the computer object- but I don't
think that gets transferred down to the server.

Also-I cannot find any reference to configuring this right on the local
machine through a local security policy, domain group policy or anything
else.

When the GP results is run remotely- what is actually taking place when
reading the system GP results logs? Is there maybe a file or folder
permission I can tweak or is it coming in through the IPC$ share that is
limited to admins?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Omar