[gptalk] Run .NET Framework-reliant components signed (not signed) with Authenticode - not showing correctly in IE

  • From: "Tappmeyer, Stephen " <stephen.tappmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 09:25:44 -0400

I have a Window 2003 Forest/Domain (Forest and domains at 2003 level) in
which I am attempting to use a GPO to control the setting in IE for
Windows XP SP2.  All is working as designed, except the "Run .NET
Framework-reliant components signed (not signed) with Authenticode".
For the Internet Zone, in the Machine setting, I want to 'Enable' the
running of signed components, but prompt the 'not signed'.  The GPO is
set to reflect this.  RSOP on the workstation does show that the GPO is
correct, but IE does not have the requested settings.  I have also tried
to apply this in the users setting with the same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen W. Tappmeyer