[gptalk] Re: Roaming Profiles/ Folder redirection

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:38:50 -0600

Sorry, I see what you mean now. I'm not sure what would happen once a
policy was implemented. Application Data from the first profile would
get redirected, then I would assume that Application Data from any
additional profiles would attempt to overwrite anything if it already
existed. That would eventually cause some problems if that was the case,
so I see your concern.

You might consider doing a combination of both folder redirection and a
Roaming Profile. For instance, redirect My Documents to a folder outside
of the roaming profile, but allow everything else (Application Data,
Desktop, Start Menu, etc) to roam. This gives you the portability you
want but also minimizes network traffic when the user profile is
synched.

Regards,
Jamie Nelson