[gptalk] Re: Restriction Help

  • From: hboogz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:01:54 -0500

Thanks Darren,

Just to confirm, when you mention user property you mean defining the TS
profile location ad TS Home Directory at the following AD user property
locations ?

On 11/9/06, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 As for protecting the desktop, because this is part of the user's
profile, its tough to totally lock it down unless you use Folder Redirection
to redirect the Desktop folder to a read-only server share. In that case, I
would recommend defining a TS-specific profile in the user object so the
Folder Redirection doesn't interact with the user's home folder redirection.
Also, define the FR policy using loopback policy.

As for restricting the TIF, I haven't tried this in a while but never
found a good way to do it. The inetcorp.adm file that ships with Windows
claims to be able to do it but I never got it to work. Maybe others have had
better luck.