[gptalk] Re: Restriction Help

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:52:28 -0800

As for protecting the desktop, because this is part of the user's profile,
its tough to totally lock it down unless you use Folder Redirection to
redirect the Desktop folder to a read-only server share. In that case, I
would recommend defining a TS-specific profile in the user object so the
Folder Redirection doesn't interact with the user's home folder redirection.
Also, define the FR policy using loopback policy.

As for restricting the TIF, I haven't tried this in a while but never found
a good way to do it. The inetcorp.adm file that ships with Windows claims to
be able to do it but I never got it to work. Maybe others have had better
luck.