[gptalk] Re: Restrict access to Drives (Windows 2000)

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:41:48 -0700

Frankly, I don't know of any way to control notepad through policy. And,
assuming you're using the "Prevent Access to these drives", I suspect
Notepad uses APIs that don't respect that policy. I think your best bet is
to control access to the local hard drive through permissions. Even then it
won't be 100% because you can't prevent the user from writing to every spot
on the local hard drive, but you can make the obvious places (e.g. c:\)
locked down and harder to get to.