[gptalk] Re: Restrict Users from Logging onto a specific computer?

  • From: "Ananth Rajagopal" <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:05:11 +0530

What if only one account in the domain needs to allowed to the system? not
local login, domain login.

On 4/3/07, Omar Droubi <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Option 1: Remove the domain users group from the local users group on
that one pc

Option 2(GPO) – Create an OU and place that single computer in that
OU(separate OU to ensure you do not mistakenly apply this to the entire
domain)—Create a new GPO that uses restricted groups and set it to manage
the "users" group and leave the group membership empty.

Either one of these should remove all regular users ability to log on to
that particular workstation as the default local security policy grants
rights to the local users group. If rights are granted to the "domain user"
group than this scenario will not work-but there are still a few other ways
to accomplish this task.