[gptalk] Re: Restrict Users From Creating Shares

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:02:49 -0500

For Vista (and higher) devices, I'm wondering if creating a Share on a device
creates an event log entry (or if a device can be configured to do so). If so,
then a Scheduled Task could possibly setup with an Event Trigger (created a
Share) to delete it 'right away'. Just a thought...

Jerry Cruz | Group Policies Product Manager | Windows Infrastructure
Architecture (http://wia.web.boeing.com<http://wia.web.boeing.com/>) | Boeing IT
Office 425-865-6755 | Mobile 425-591-6491