[gptalk] Remote Policy

  • From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:07:20 -0400

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of any free tools available for the remote distribution
of a GPO policy?

Here is our situation.  We have a couple thousand users who connect via
VPN only.  They connect after boot-up and cached credential logon to
windows.  Therefore, policies never apply during startup or logon.  We
have a need to administer the XP firewall (among other things), and are
having a very difficult time finding a solution.  Many of these users
are 8 hours away from a building where they can connect via a local LAN
to get policies.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Doug Delaney
EDS - Integration Engineering-GM
GM Desktop Engineering
1075 W. Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Lab: 248-365-9187
Tel: 248-754-7917
Pg: 248-870-0306 pager
Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx
Note: The information in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.