[gptalk] Re: Reg Entry

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:54:20 +0000

you can also make a one time loginscript and hook it on a gpo :) with vbscript
you can regwrite the key's easy.

To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Reg EntryFrom:
mpandya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:13:19 +0100Fair point... il push it
out via GP... --------------------------------------------------Minesh
PandyaNetwork Technical Analyst, Software Packager Barlow Lyde & Gilbert
LLPEmail: MPandya@xxxxxxxxxxxx: +44 (0) 20 7643 7629Fax: +44 (0) 20 7071 9007

"Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/10/2007 18:06

Please respond togptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
[gptalk] Re: Reg Entry

Well, given that this is a group policy mailing list…J   If you don’t have a
software distribution tool, then how about psexec from sysinternals?   Darren
From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Minesh PandyaSent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:57 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Reg Entry   Hi All... How do I push out a
.Reg to all of the machines on the network without using GP? I want to add the
.Zip key which was removed by accident; I have created a MSI but would prefer
doing this without policy as it would be cleaner. Windows Registry Editor
Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip] @="CompressedFolder" "Content
Type"="application/x-zip-compressed" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\CompressedFolder]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\CompressedFolder\ShellNew]
"Data"=hex:50,4b,05,06,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\OpenWithProgids]
"CompressedFolder"=""--------------------------------------------------Minesh
PandyaNetwork Technical Analyst, Software Packager Barlow Lyde & Gilbert
LLPEmail: MPandya@xxxxxxxxxxxx: +44 (0) 20 7643 7629Fax: +44 (0) 20 7071
9007************************************************************************Barlow
 Lyde & Gilbert LLPBeaufort House, 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A
7NJ.Telephone : +44 (0)20 7247 2277Fax : +44 (0)20 7643 8500Web Site :
http://www.blg.co.ukVAT Number: 243202705CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICEThis e-mail may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please telephone us immediately and delete the e-mail from your
system. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not disclose to any
other person, nor take copies, of the contents of this e-mail and/or any
attachment to it. We try to ensure that our communications are free of viruses
but do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage that viruses may cause.
You should take your own steps to ensure that communications are free of
viruses.Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is a limited liability partnership,
registered in England and Wales with registered number OC325641. Barlow Lyde &
Gilbert LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The applicable
rules can be found on the Authority's website.The term partner is used to refer
to a member of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP or an employee or consultant with
equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of the members of Barlow Lyde &
Gilbert LLP is open to inspection at the registered office, Beaufort House, 15
St Botolph Street, EC3A