[gptalk] Reg Entry

  • From: Minesh Pandya <mpandya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:57:10 +0100

Hi All...

How do I push out a .Reg to all of the machines on the network without
using GP?

I want to add the .Zip key which was removed by accident; I have created a
MSI but would prefer doing this without policy as it would be cleaner.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip]
@="CompressedFolder"
"Content Type"="application/x-zip-compressed"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\CompressedFolder]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\CompressedFolder\ShellNew]
"Data"=hex:50,4b,05,06,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\OpenWithProgids]
"CompressedFolder"=""

Minesh Pandya
Network Technical Analyst, Software Packager
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP
Email: MPandya@xxxxxxxxx
DDI: +44 (0) 20 7643 7629
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7071 9007

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP
Beaufort House, 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A 7NJ.

Telephone :     +44 (0)20 7247 2277
Fax :           +44 (0)20 7643 8500
Web Site :      http://www.blg.co.uk
VAT Number:     243202705

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please telephone us immediately and delete the e-mail
from your system. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not
disclose to any other person, nor take copies, of the contents of this e-mail
and/or any attachment to it.

We try to ensure that our communications are free of viruses but do not accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that viruses may cause.  You should take
your own steps to ensure that communications are free of viruses.

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is a limited liability partnership, registered in
England and Wales with registered number OC325641.

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
The applicable rules can be found on the Authority's website.

The term partner is used to refer to a member of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP or
an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.  A list
of the members of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is open to inspection at the
registered office, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, EC3A 7NJ.