[gptalk] Reading apply permissions

  • From: "Maugris Beauchamps" <rmgmaug38xq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:23:44 -0800

When I look at the permissions of registry.pol using xcacls, it says a
particular group has read permissions, and indeed they do, but the
group also has Apply Group Policy permissions, which does not show up
in the file's acl at all.

When I look using GPMC, the group has the permissions listed as "Read
(from security filtering"

In the Delegation tab, they show as having Read and Apply.

Is there a command line utility or script that can show the applied
permissions to GPOs?

I would find this useful, because I have policies that apply
generally, but from some specific users, or some specific sub-groups,
I deny the apply permissions to exempt them from the policy's
application.  It would be nice to ensure that all is well before let
the policies go to work.

Thanks,
--MB