[gptalk] Re: Quick Launch gone from Windows 2000 machines...[Scanned]

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:58:38 +0000

instead of not configured do a disabled and then do secedit again on the
machine.

Subject: [gptalk] Re: Quick Launch gone from Windows 2000
machines...[Scanned]Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:55:04 +0100From:
Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Yes I’ve rebooted and run the secedit /refreshpolicy command for machine and
user policies

It’s all rather strange!

Katy WilsonNetwork Analysttel: 01277 230656fax: 01277
230782www.employerservices.co.uk
From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hans straatSent: 31 July 2008 12:44To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[gptalk] Re: Quick Launch gone from Windows 2000 machines...[Scanned]

did you do the policy refresh on the windows 2000 machines.

machines...[Scanned]Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:34:33 +0100From:
Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Craig,
 I’m tearing my hair out now as have changed those settings to ‘not configured’
and yet I still cannot right click on the taskbar to add the quick launch on
the windows 2000 machines!
Why why why??!!!!

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Craig JuddSent: 31 July 2008 09:54To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[gptalk] Re: Quick Launch gone from Windows 2000 machines...[Scanned]

I’m sure that the policy is related to the taskbar and not specifically the
quick launch.  We had the same problem here with XP clients loosing quick
launch after we got overzealous on locking down our desktops.  It was a
longtime ago now, and you’ll have to excuse my vagueness but I remember we
recovered it by loosening the disable right click on taskbar and disable user
changes to taskbar policies (in that group of options somewhere)Hope this helps
a little.CraigOn 31/7/08 09:48, "Katy Wilson"
<Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Craig, Yes I’ve done that but it won’t re-appear and I can’t add it…
yikes!  I’ve got users here going mad about it!!!   Katy WilsonNetwork
Analysttel: 01277 230656fax: 01277 230782www.employerservices.co.uk
<http://www.employerservices.co.uk/>  From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig JuddSent: 31 July 2008
09:26To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Quick Launch gone from
Windows 2000 machines...[Scanned]As far as I remember you have to remove the
policy that prevents changes to the task bar. Then it should
re-appearRegardsCraigOn 31/7/08 08:54, "Katy Wilson"
<Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:…and I have NO idea where in the GPO
I could have caused this to happen??  It’s not happened on the XP machines…
HEEELP!!! Thank you JKaty WilsonNetwork Analysttel: 01277 230656fax: 01277
230782www.employerservices.co.uk <http://www.employerservices.co.uk/>
Employer Services Ltd. registered in England. Registered number: 03802573.
Registered Office: 66 North Quay, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. NR30 1HEThis e-mail
and any attachments are confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.Thank
you for your co-operation. Please contact us on  +44 (0)1277  230656 or email
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need
 email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.For more
information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email