[gptalk] Re: Questions about IE Maintenance in Preference Mode

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:39:11 -0600

Yes, you are right on that. I misspoke when I said they only get applied
once. That is of course not the case (as you pointed out) if you change
the GPO. The only problem in doing that is that you are overwriting any
previously established configuration the user may have.

From what I gather, you're hoping it can append the changes you made to
the original version of the GPO and I don't think that it is possible.
My understanding is that it will completely re-configure everything
again. I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time either! J

Here's a quick and dirty KB article covering the behavior of IE
Maintenance policies in preference mode.

Internet Explorer Maintenance policies are not applied in preference
mode <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825685>

Regards,

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>