[gptalk] Re: Question on Users creating Local Shares

  • From: "Gray Troutman" <jgraytroutman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:54:11 -0500

You could always prevent them from seeing or accessing the local drives.

On 10/23/06, Dawn.Wertz@xxxxxxxxxxx <Dawn.Wertz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Currently the 92% of our users have local administrator rights to their
computers.  We are working on having this removed, but in the mean time, I
need a way to prevent these users from creating local shares.  Is there a
way to do this via the GPO?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Dawn Wertz