[gptalk] Question on IE Custom Java settings

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:12:00 -0500

Thank you Alan.  I've written several of my own ADMs so I will try doing
as you suggest with this one.  There were so many new settings in sp2
that I thought I was just missing something.

From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gptalk] Re: Question on IE Custom Java settings
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:34:47 +1100

Hi Mary,

I don't think it is available. The setting that Darren mentions sets the

Registry Key:Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet

ValueName: 1C00

Value:00800000 Hex

The control panel then allows you to make the changes and it must save
under a different registry key, one that Microsoft has not included in
ADM template.

So your only approach is to find out what key it is, find out what value
want, then build your own Custom ADM file.

Alternatively you select one of the options that Microsoft offers in the
template, namely High Safety/Medium safety/Low Safety/Disable java.

I must admit that providing a custom option is not much use if you can't
to the next step. But then again the current ADM file gives much finer
control than what was there previously..

Alan Cuthbertson

Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration