[gptalk] Re: Puzzler - GP for one OU not being applied

  • From: "Andrew McHale" <Andrew.McHale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:38:06 +0100

Hello.

I'm just learning GP myself so sorry if this is completely basic and n00bie.

When you stop using a GP setting don't you have to disable the setting to
remove it from the computer, rather than setting it to undefined? If so then
perhaps you've created a new GP with the lower security restrictions in place
but have left the old settings as undefined, and therefore it still has them in
place from the previous policy that applied?

This wouldn't explain why you saw the policy work as you wished for 5 minutes,
but it's the answer that sprang to my simple GP mind (if I'm correct).

Andrew