[gptalk] Re: Pushing preferences via ADM files

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:03:50 -0700

I'm really surprised the no address bar policy did not work consistently,
but that's neither here nor there. The bottom line is that you can't stuff
binary values into the registry using the ADM syntax (ironically, the
registry.pol file will happily accept binary settings however). In any case,
you might want to try the free (I think its still free) Registry extension
from DesktopStandard. It involves putting a DLL on every machine that will
receive it but it covers all registry types that you would need and
integrates into the GP editor snap-in. I would download it soon, before MS
makes it "un-free" or something :)