[gptalk] Re: Push out Visio 2007 via Group Policy

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:48:54 -0800

What I just learned is that the MSP needs to get applied after the initial
install and then you do a re-deploy on the package in GP to get your
previously installed clients to pick it up. I know it sounds hokey. I was
just on a call with the MS GP team and they are going to try and get the
Office team to document this better.  I will post something here when I find
it out.  Also, just in case, because I don't know if you mentioned it, but
Office 2007 does not support per-user Software Installation at all. Just so
you know.