[gptalk] Re: Public key policies defined but not really?

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:38:11 +1000

Hi Jason,

An approach that may work, is to create an ADM template to manage the keys
you want removed, then disable those Policies. At best this would be
considered a "non Standard" approach.

This is based on my belief that these entries are held in the Registry.POL
file and so should be manageable via an ADM file. The difficulty may be that
they are stored as Binary fields which is not normally supported by ADM
templates.

An even less standard way of doing it is to edit the Registry.POL file
directly and remove the entries!

If you are interested, send me the registry.pol file and I will play around
with it. It will be under the MACHINE branch for that policy.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>