[gptalk] Re: Proxy settings reverting to old proxy server

  • From: "Wally Kroeker" <WallyK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:01:07 -0500

Thanks I was getting the following error in my event log.  After
followed the steps listed in the error log it seems to have completely
resolved my replication problems.  I will have to monitor everything
over the next few days and make sure it is going right.  Thanks for all
your help.  It looks like this mailing list could be a good resource.

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    NtFrs

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              13568

Date:                     3/19/2008

Time:                     7:40:23 AM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          CAAMB11

The File Replication Service has detected that the replica set "DOMAIN
SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE)" is in JRNL_WRAP_ERROR.

 Replica set name is    : "DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE)"

 Replica root path is   : "c:\windows\sysvol\domain"

 Replica root volume is : "\\.\C:"

 A Replica set hits JRNL_WRAP_ERROR when the record that it is trying to
read from the NTFS USN journal is not found.  This can occur because of
one of the following reasons.

 [1] Volume "\\.\C:" has been formatted.

 [2] The NTFS USN journal on volume "\\.\C:" has been deleted.

 [3] The NTFS USN journal on volume "\\.\C:" has been truncated. Chkdsk
can truncate the journal if it finds corrupt entries at the end of the
journal.

 [4] File Replication Service was not running on this computer for a
long time.

 [5] File Replication Service could not keep up with the rate of Disk IO
activity on "\\.\C:".

 Setting the "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore" registry parameter
to 1 will cause the following recovery steps to be taken to
automatically recover from this error state.

 [1] At the first poll, which will occur in 5 minutes, this computer
will be deleted from the replica set. If you do not want to wait 5
minutes, then run "net stop ntfrs" followed by "net start ntfrs" to
restart the File Replication Service.

 [2] At the poll following the deletion this computer will be re-added
to the replica set. The re-addition will trigger a full tree sync for
the replica set.

WARNING: During the recovery process data in the replica tree may be
unavailable. You should reset the registry parameter described above to
0 to prevent automatic recovery from making the data unexpectedly
unavailable if this error condition occurs again.

To change this registry parameter, run regedit.

Click on Start, Run and type regedit.

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Click down the key path:

   "System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters"

Double click on the value name

   "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore"

and update the value.

If the value name is not present you may add it with the New->DWORD
Value function under the Edit Menu item. Type the value name exactly as
shown above.

Wally Kroeker

Network Administrator

CAA Manitoba