[gptalk] Re: Proxy Setting Sticking

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:18:07 +1100

Hi Taz,

My understanding was that the IE settings just built INS files (Install.INS,
SecZones.inf, Authcode.inf, Programs.inf ) and then ran them when the policy
is applied. There is no process to back up your old settings and reapply
them when the GPO is no longer applied.

Only Non tattooed Admin Templates have true reversal of settings. Group
Policy Preferences support "Delete setting when not applied" which is
slightly different to "Replace original setting"

Darren may be better informed. If so, I would be interested to hear the
mechanism used by IE to back out settings.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software (Now with ADMX and Preference support):-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>
&f=pol_summary.shtml

ADM Template Editor(Now with ADMX support):-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=adm_summary.shtml>
&f=adm_summary.shtml

Policy Log Reporter - including Preference logging(Free)

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=policyreporter.shtml>
&f=policyreporter.shtml

  _____