[gptalk] Re: Problems propagating GPO settings

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:37:27 -0600

If you are looking at the local GPO, you are not going to see any policy
settings except security policy. That is because the Local GPO is its own
GPO-it does not represent the resulting policy from domain GPOs. If you want
to get a true picture of what domain GPOs are being received, run the GP
Results Wizard from GPMC against that computer and user.

Also, the fact that a deployed software package is only showing up in
Add/Remove Programs sounds to me like you Published the package rather than
assigning. By default, Published packages do not get installed automatically
but instead appear in ARP and require the user to install them.