[gptalk] Re: Problem with GPO Setting even after set to 'Not Configured'

  • From: Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:47:03 -0800

Tazamal-
The pol file is an artifact of Group Policy being applied to the user. It
should not really exist in the default profile, unless, as Alan has mentioned
in the past, the profile has/had GP applied to it (which is not best practice
as we mentioned). In terms of existing users not having it, if they are not
receiving any user-specific admin. template policy, then they would not have
that file. Also note that the file is hidden (system) by default so make sure
you are viewing system or hidden files when looking for it. Also, the profile
copy routine--I'm not sure that it would copy the pol file up with the rest of
the profile. I haven't tested that. Again the pol file is there strictly to
facilitate the non-tattooing nature of Group Policy Admin Template settings so
it is not a normal part of a user's profile.

Darren