[gptalk] Re: Problem in Group Policies

  • From: "Michael Pietrzak" <mpietrzak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:29:17 -0800

Hi Dhiraj,

Password policies can only be applied to all users and not individual
OU's. Generally they are created at the domain level. This is by
default. If you want to selectively create and apply password policies,
you need to use third party tools like this...

http://www.specopssoft.com/products/specopspasswordpolicy/Default.asp

Perhaps someone can confirm\deny this but I think they have changed this
behavior in Longhorn server.

Michael Pietrzak
San Diego State University