[gptalk] Re: Prevent access to USB disks and portable media drives

  • From: "WATSON, BEN" <bwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:43:49 -0700

Hi Darren,

I built up a Vista machine just for managing the preferences and used an
XP box with the extensions installed to test this and it worked perfect
for disabling access to the Floppy and CD/DVD drives.

However I'm having difficulty trying to determine where I would go to
prevent the users from plugging in USB hard drives and flash drives?  If
I could just get this one last piece to work, then this would satisfy
the customer.  Any suggestions?

~Ben