[gptalk] Prevent access to USB disks and portable media drives

  • From: "WATSON, BEN" <bwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:16:52 -0700

I have a requirement by a customer to prevent users from being able to
use USB disks on their workstations as well as preventing access to any
floppy drives, CD/DVD drives, etc.  However, there will be a couple
privileged users who will need to retain access to these devices.

I found a great article with a pre-built ADM template, however it is a
computer based policy, and I require a user based policy.

Is anyone aware of a way to accomplish these using user-based policies?