[gptalk] Prereq...

  • From: Minesh Pandya <mpandya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:13:09 +0000

Quick question... I have been looking around on the forums but couldnt
really see an answer for this.

I have 2 GP's which install software...

1. Components (Visual C++ MSI, MSXML 6 Parser MSI, .NET FW Update MSI)
2. Application (Workshare Pro)

1. needs to be installed 1st the machine, user logs in then it needs to be
rebooted then 2 needs to be installed.

Is the easiest way of doing this is installing 1 on day 1 and 2 on day 2
by manually assigning the GP's? or can this be automated,
ie is there some sort of way of setting 1. as a pre req of 2...

Or.. is this just getting too complicated....

Minesh Pandya
Network Technical Analyst, Software Packager
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP
Email: MPandya@xxxxxxxxx
DDI: +44 (0) 20 7643 7629
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7071 9007

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP
Beaufort House, 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A 7NJ.

Telephone :     +44 (0)20 7247 2277
Fax :           +44 (0)20 7643 8500
Web Site :      http://www.blg.co.uk
VAT Number:     243202705

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.If you have
received this e-mail in error, you must not disclose to any other person, nor
take copies of, the contents of this e-mail and/or any attachment to it.

We try to ensure that our communications are free of viruses but do not accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that viruses may cause.  You should take
your own steps to ensure that communications are free of viruses.

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is a limited liability partnership, registered in
England and Wales with registered number OC325641.

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
The applicable rules can be found on the Authority's website.

The term partner is used to refer to a member of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP or
an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.  A list
of the members of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is open to inspection at the
registered office, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, EC3A 7NJ.