[gptalk] Policy Loopback and Home Folder

  • From: Hubert NIEL <niel.hubert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:21:26 +0100 (CET)

I have a domain Windows 2003 SP2 Eng
With 4 servers TS / Presentation Server 4.0
I set loopback Policy to my OU (server TS / Presentation Server)
I set
Loopback Policy \computer configuration \administrative Templates \Windows
Components \ Terminal Services \ Set Path for  TS Roaming Profile è Enabled
                Profile path è \\FILESERV\PROFILE-SHARE
Loopback Policy \computer configuration \administrative Templates \Windows
Components \ Terminal Services \ TS User Home Directory  è Enabled
                Location : On the Network
                Home Dir Root Path \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE
                Drive Letter U:
This work fine (ok)
But when I set redirection folder
Loopback Policy \ User Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Folder redirection
\My Documents
                Right clic (properties) Setting è Basic – redirect everyone’s
folder to the same location
                Target folder location
                Create a folder for each user under the root path
                Root path
                For user clair, this folder will be redirected to:
                \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE\clair\My documents
My problem is
With the GPO TS User Home Directory è the name of the folder for the user is
And when the redirection is set
The redirection create a new folder  in \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE
The folder is %username%
How I can Set Folder redirection for the good folder (%username%.%domain%) ?
I have 400 users, and I don’t Set  Properties / Tab è Terminal Services Profile
/ Terminal Services Home Folder / Connect U:  To
\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE\%username%  for all users
What’s the good method (practice) ?
Thanks for your help
Hubert NIEL
151 avenue Gallièni