[gptalk] Perplexing Logon script issue

  • From: "Washington, Booker" <Booker.Washington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:23:13 -0500

I have a logon script setup for a group of users.

Initially, I made a mistake and had a mapped drive going to a wrongly
named share

i.e, it was going to \\servername\hiddenshares$

it was suppose to go to \\servername\hiddenshare$

the mapped drive letter was O

I change the script to point to the correct location, but my users still
keep getting O going to the first wrongly named share

It's almost as if the logon is being cached and it keeps holding on to
the old mapping.

Any ideas as to why this would occur.

I have the logon policy set to wait for the network before applying
policy, but they just don't seem to be getting the policy.  But all of
the rsop and modeling tests say that it IS getting the policy..

Signed.... so confused