[gptalk] Re: Permissions for software installation

  • From: Shane Williford <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:06:57 -0500

Yeah..that's exactly what I did - applied for license to distribute it, got the
.msi file, and applied to Comp Config. I ran it on a test OU as well and had
problems with it working. As suggested by Jamie Nelson, I transferred the
install to the sysvol folder instead of a network share. I uninstalled Flash,
booted up my test computer and it worked. I uninstalled it again; again, booted
it up, and it again worked. So, I thought I had this licked. But, in beta
testing on a couple other OUs, it's not seeming to work. I'm probably gonna
give Adobe a call to see if they have any suggestions as well. I'll keep you
posted via the list here if you like...

Shane

Shane M. Williford
Systems Administrator