[gptalk] Re: Permissions for software installation

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:41:29 -0700

Andrew-

Was this a per-computer deployment? If so, then the installation happens in
the context of the machine's domain account. In the past I've noticed that
Authenticated Users was not sufficient to solve this problem, even though it
should have been. I'm not clear why this is, but perhaps setting up some
auditing on the server sided would have pointed the way. What I've seen, as
a solution, is to grant either Domain Computers or Everyone explicit access
to the files.

Darren