[gptalk] Re: Password Policy Creation

  • From: <bart.schillebeeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:40:28 +0200

Hoy Hugo,

The password policy that is defined in the root, or at the domain controllers
OU is domain wide, and will affect your AD accounts.

If you set a password policy for a special machine OU for example , it will set
the settings for that/those Local machines and local user accounts only !!

Only Local accounts of those machines are subject to this policy, NOT domain
accounts.

Settings in "machine settings" always apply to the machines (HKLM) and need te
be applied to machine OU's .
 Settings in "user settings" always apply to the users (HKCU) and need te be
applied to User OU's .

To make administration easyer i would suggest you don't mix the machine/user
part of gpo's , and create one machine gpo, and one user gpo.

Vriendelijke groeten,
Cordialement,
Kind Regards,
Schillebeeks Bart
Active Directory Security Consultant
Small and Departmental Systems - NT Systems Fortis Bank
Bart.schillebeeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AD Internet Consulting BVBA

Disclaimer:
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them
to be the views of any such entity.This Message is in no way legally binding
and has to be viewed as a personal opinion of the sender. This message reflects
in no way the views of FORTIS BANK and its associates and AD internet
Consulting BVBA and its associates. Unless otherwise stated, any pricing
information given in this message is indicative only, is subject to change and
does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any reference to the
terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only and
subject to our formal written confirmation.

AD Internet Consulting BVBA, Hezemeer 7, 2430 Eindhout-Laakdal ON:0470419019
www.adinternet.com mailto:Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx