[gptalk] Re: Password Policy

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:14:53 -0500

In Windows 2000/2003 domains, there can only be one password policy in
effect and it only applies to Domain Controllers since they are what
authenticates your users. That is why the settings are configured on the
"computer" side of policy.

Windows 2008 Native forests have fine-grained password policies which
allow you to apply different requirements for different sets of users.

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>