[gptalk] Override GPO No Override?!

  • From: <octai.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 7:00:07 -0400

When I was setting up a development lab domain, I followed the suggested
practice of tightening up security on my DC by setting the "No Override"
default domain policy option. However, now I am away from the dev lab with no
way to connect to the domain, trying to install Windows Installer 3.1. This
uses an app called Update.exe which requires specific user rights such as
backing up files. The effective policy is preventing me from proceeding.
I think a clean install may be the only way around this, but I don't want to
attempt this on the road. Is there any way that I could get around this to
install these applications?
Thanks in advance,
Octai