[gptalk] Re: Ok having said I never ask for help, I have a O2K7 deployment problem[Scanned]

  • From: "Craig Judd" <craig.judd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:35:03 +0100

Anand
I am desperately trying to fathom the syntax of the config.xml, amongst
other issues.  Would you be able to email me (minus your key) a copy of your
working config.xml script?
I need a working model to compare with.  Thanks
Craig

On 2/10/08 21:22, "Anand Narine" <anand.narine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have deployed Office2k7 successfully,  not using MSP files. I just edited
> the config.xml file
> and entered the CD key. Are you deploying the app at computer startup or user
> login ?
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Craig-
>> Two issues here. The first, the Office deployment--what does GPMC Results
>> Wizard say if you run it against that computer?
>>
>> With respect to rgprefresh failing, it requires remote WMI access both from
>> a network and permissions perspective. If it fails, it means something is
>> wrong with that access. If there is no firewall, my guess would be
>> sufficient permissions are not present or the machine's secure channel trust
>> with the domain is broken.
>>
>> Darren

Parkstone Grammar School has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any
attachment to this email has been swept for viruses.  However, the school
cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software
viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment. If you have any queries please contact ICT Support at
Parkstone Grammar School.