[gptalk] Ok having said I never ask for help, I have a O2K7 deployment problem

  • From: "Craig Judd" <Craig.Judd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:37:43 +0100

Hi, I have recently decided to add a custom install of Enterprise Office
2007 to our list of deployed apps.  It sits in its own test OU as a single
Group Policy object.  But in essence is exactly the same as any other
application object we have deployed.

I have tested the installation using the enterprise share, and running the
silent setup.exe (which references the UPDATE folder and runs an MSP file
for the credentials.)

I know that the GPO runs the ENTERPRISEWW.msi and refers to the CONFIG.XML
file which was made from the same data that is contained in the MSP file
(manually entered )

I deployed the object 2 nights ago, and whilst running the RSOP I don't see
the application deployed successfully I do see that it appears in the list

There is no sign of the app on the machine in any way whatsoever.  I have
checked all rights to the share, and file level, and have applied DOMAIN
COMPUTER READ writes to the object itself and to the application.(the same
as for all other apps)

When I run DARRENS RGPREFRESH utility it comes back with the following;
C:\>rgprefresh /m:pgscurr-phys01 /force

Refresh Failed!!!

   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Connect()
   at gpoguy.com.RGPrefresh.Main(String[] args)

Check to make sure target does not have a firewall enabled

There is NO FIREWALL, and I can see C$ on the machine no problem.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Craig Judd