[gptalk] Office Blockage...

  • From: "Deepu" <yoursfren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 23 Jul 2008 14:38:57 -0000

Hi Friends,

I am in a great problem. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me at the earliest:

Problem: I want to block some executables like access.exe, publisher.exe and communicator.exe using group policy.

Now the problem is i can't use Software Restriction Policy using hash rule as the hash will change everytime microsoft patches or release service pack for office 2007.

Secondly if i use Software Restriction Policy using path rule. The user can simply copy the exe to alternate location and can run the program with ease.

So,i would really appreciate if anyone can help me to solve this issue, as the user can't open the above mentioned exe from anywhere. I want to implement it using group policy. A custom ADM/ADMX will also work... Please guide me if possible...

Waiting for your reply...
Deepak Kumar...
India...