[gptalk] Not all Group Policy settings being applied

  • From: pierre.camilleri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:42:12 +0100

Hi Everyone!

I am encountering a problem on certain Windows XP Pro (SP2) workstations
where not all settings of the W2K3 group policy are being applied. The
setting which is not being applied is the Windows Automatic Updates. It is
company policy to disable automatic download of MS updates. The majority
of our workstations are having this policy setting applied correctly but
some are not having this setting applied. They are having other settings
applied e.g. disabling the Run command, etc., but not this one. All the
workstations belong to the same AD domain and all have a common group
policy.
Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any comments/help would be
very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Pierre