[gptalk] Re: (No Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:14:09 -0800

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Francis-

I've not seen this error but it could be an issue with a particular GP
setting (though I didn't think that GP backup validated the settings on
backup). You should check the User Rights Assignment section of that GPO
(under security settings) to see if there are any odd security principals
specified but again, I'm not sure that is the issue. Are you backing this up
remotely to the DC? In other words, are you running GPMC on a remote system
or on the DC?

Darren